*There may be affiliate links in this post. (Please see our legal pages, link in the footer, for more information.) We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Welcome to Week 17 of my Health and Weight Loss Dairy and I’ve been experimenting with using my protein intake!
So far it’s going really well!
Here is a list of my previous diary entries in case you’re interested:
- How to make bone broth that is actually drinkable (Week 1 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
- How to stop IBS-D in it’s tracks! (Week 2 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
- One step forward, two steps back…(Week 3 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
- The frustration of stagnation! (Week 4 of Healthy and Weight Loss Dairy)
- Fibre Is Not My Friend! (Week 5 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
- No Focus, No Progress! (Week 6 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
- Just Gotta Keep Going! (Week 7 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
- Just Sticking To The Plan! (Week 8 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
- Conventional Medicine Just Ain’t Gonna Cut it! (Week 9 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
- What’d I do wrong!?! (Week 10 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
- Cautiously Optimistic (Week 11 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
- Getting Back On Track (Week 12 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
- A New Plan (Week 13 and 14 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
- A Couple of Changes (Week 15 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
- Best laid plans… (Week 16 of Health and Weight Loss Diary)
I’ve also written a post listing the top 16 IBS cures and treatments which you might like to read!
HEALTH AND WEIGHT LOSS DIARY
You can find all the details of why I started this diary right here. Curing my chronic health conditions is my main priority, particularly my IBS and leaky gut. While the weight loss is more of an added bonus, but nonetheless something I’ve been trying to achieve for a while!
PAST WEEK’S NUMERICAL STATS:
(The first number is the stats from last week and the second number is where I am now…)
Weight: 186.2 lbs –> 185.4 lbs
Bodyfat Percentage: 36.4% –> 37.1%
Right Arm: 13in –> 13in
Left Arm: 13in –> 12.5in
Chest: 42in –> 41in
Waist: 34.5in –> 35in
Hips: 44.5in –> 44.5in
Ass: 46.5in –> 46.5in
Right Thigh: 25.5in –> 26in
Left Thigh: 26in –> 26in
- 0.8 pounds lost
- 0.7% body fat percentage gained
- 0.5 inch lost
I LOST SOME WEIGHT. Sure it’s not much but it’s something!!!
WHAT HAPPENED THIS PAST WEEK:
So as I said I would do in last weeks diary entry, I have been trying to really up my protein intake.
This is actually much harder than it sounds. Despite eating a portion of meat or fish with lunch and dinner, plus adding in some cottage cheese and yoghurt for breakie, I’m still only reaching half of the protein level I’m aiming for!!!
But here is where I’ve realised the protein is so important.
As you guys know I’ve also been struggling not to binge lately, and once I start eating something not so healthy, it’s really difficult to stop.
However I’ve given Trek bars a try for the late few days as my sweet treat/ to binge on food. Wow I cannot believe what a difference it’s made.
One bar keeps me full and satisfied for ages and I can only guess that’s due to the high protein in it!
Just imagine the possibilities if I could stop my binge at one or two Trek bars rather than some of the much more caloric and unhealthy options I often have instead!
Anyway, that’s all I’ve got time for today, but it’s exciting to consider that maybe it’s protein that holds the anti-binge and weight loss key!