*There may be affiliate links in this post. (Please see our legal pages, link in the footer, for more information.)
Creating the perfect level 10 life. I mean it sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?
Your whole life in balance so you can be fulfilled, happy and content.
Or at least working your way towards that point!
Rather than what often happens, concentrating too much on just one area of our lives to the detriment to allllll the other areas.
Yeah, not ideal.
But how do you work towards this mythical level 10 life? Because it sure doesn’t sound like the easiest thing in the world…
Well, that is exactly what I’m going to be telling you all about today: how to create and work towards your own level 10 life AND how to get your hands on some level 10 life worksheets to help get you there!
Grab your FREE Level 10 Life Worksheet
I’ve created some level 10 life FREE printable worksheets to help you work on living your own best life.
And you can grab your copy right now! No more unbalanced, crazy overwhelming life, just clarity on what you want your life to look like and how to get it there!
Just click the button below and they’re all yours!
What is a level 10 life?
Let’s start right at the beginning shall we…
The level 10 life is a cross between an exercise and a goal planning system that helps you (and me) create a life that we actually want to live in, but a life that is also completely balanced.
Because I don’t know about you, but normally when I start working on a big goal the other stuff in my life kind of gets neglected. Only for me to then have to set big goals in those other areas because I’ve left them behind…
The concept originally came from Hal Elrod’s The Miracle Morning but its kind of developed it’s own mini-cult following even from people who haven’t read the book because it’s just such a useful exercise in developing a life you love.
How to start living a level 10 life?
Now you know what it is I bet you want to start living and working towards your level 10 life right away. I mean it sounds pretty darn amazing doesn’t it!?!
So what’s the process? And don’t worry I will be going through each of these areas in much more detail in the rest of the post!
First, we have to do a current life assessment, so you can see where the imbalances in your life are right now.
Once you have located the imbalances you will need to figure out what would bring that area of your life into balance and closer to that level 10 life you covet.
We do that with specific level 10 life goals, which I will be explaining later.
Don’t forget to grab your FREE level 10 life worksheet which will help you whizz through these steps and start living your level 10 life ASAP!
Just click the button below to grab your copy!
Level 10 Life Areas of Focus
So within the level 10 life there are 10 areas to focus on that when they’re all at the same level should give you the balanced life that is both the healthiest and most enjoyable for us all.
Like I said these are originally from Hal Elrod’s The Miracle Morning, but I’ve tweaked them slightly to include a few important things that I felt were missing before.
Whether or not you’re religious, spirituality is still important in life.
Obviously, if you are religious then this section will encompass your faith. And if you’re not religious this area would be dedicated more to feeling energetically inline and finding purpose in life, including things like meditation or practicing gratitude.
Career and/or Business
This section is pretty self-explanatory and could be perhaps summed up as the way you make money, but in reality, it’s so much more than that.
Your career or business should have meaning for you, be enjoyable and allow you space to grow.
Of course, there is a lot more to money in life than just earning in, you also need to manage it and keep your personal finances in order.
Hence why finances gets it’s own section, because when your money is not managed your life certainly isn’t in balance. You can end up in debt or just seriously overwhelmed!
We often underestimate the effect our physical environment (like our home or town we live in) can have on us. Living in a space or area that doesn’t serve us will ultimately make us unhappy, therefore physical environment has to be one of the areas we focus on for a level 10 life.
Health and Fitness
I think this section needs little explanation. When we are healthy and fit we are happy and our bodies work better, so it goes without saying this must be an area of focus for us.
I think it’s also important to point out that this is health and fitness for you, so that doesn’t mean looking like a fitness model and only eating salad leaves unless that truly is the best thing for your body (and I think most people would not be okay with only eating salad leaves…)
Don’t forget your mental health would come in here as well and it’s equally as important as your physical health.
We all have space to grow as a person, and we should always be striving to improve ourselves and discover more about ourselves.
This doesn’t have to be major, but reading a book each month or journaling to learn more about ourselves and how to better handle our emotions is very important.
Friends and Family
Your relationships with the most important people in your life certainly deserve and need their own section.
Human beings are social animals so making sure this area gets enough focus is so important.
Many of us will choose a partner to live with, marry or just be with for a larger proportion of time than anyone else in our lives. We will often combine lives with these people and may even have children together, therefore it makes sense that we would need to work on and focus on this relationship a lot to keep it happy, healthy and fulfilling.
But I do understand that for some people this might be a bit of a loaded section. You may be single and loving it, with no desire to find a “significant other”. In which case this area is currently a ten for you and needs no further work.
Or perhaps you’re single and not loving it. In which case this section would be more about how you can open yourself to love. Perhaps working on your communication skills or just putting yourself out there and dating more.
Fun and Recreation
What dreams do you have that are purely for fun? Perhaps you’re an avid gamer and want to spend more time doing that, or you want to travel the world and see all the sites in different countries.
Whether your fun dreams are big or small, you now have a space where you’re given permission to work on them and make them happen. Just because they’re “for fun” doesn’t make them any less important in your life!
Contributing and Giving
Giving, be it your time or money, makes you a happier person. It also helps organizations and charities to continue doing good work and further improve the world that we’re living in so it makes sense that this is an area we should all be focusing on, probably a little more than we currently are…
Where are you now?
Okay, now you know all the different areas of focus and why each one is so important, it’s time to assess where your life currently is.
If you haven’t already, now would be a great time to download the FREE level 10 life worksheets as there are sheets in there dedicated to assessing your life.
Just click the button below to grab your copies!
The basic idea is to give each of the areas above a score out of 10 and then see which areas are lacking and which are not.
Yep, it really is that simple.
Don’t overthink it, go with your gut instinct.
For example, maybe you’ve been telling people for years about how you want to move to a bigger house. If that’s really what you want then your physical environment score wouldn’t be super high right now.
But maybe when you go to score that area you instinctively give it a very high score, maybe an eight or nine. If that’s the case, then possibly that big house isn’t really what you want…
You’ll notice on all the worksheets there is room for comments when you’re assessing. Don’t feel you have to put anything there, but if something immediately comes to mind write it down, you might be able to use it as a base to create a goal later.
What would a 10 out of 10 be for you?
Now we get to the really good bit, figuring out what a 10 out of 10 life would look like for you in each area and how you can get there – coming up with your level 10 life goals!
Again, if you’ve downloaded the worksheets you will find there is a sheet dedicated to this, so you’ll want to grab that now to fill it in.
Go over each of your scores and have a good look at how you’re currently viewing your life.
First, notice how balanced or imbalanced it is. Do you have some super high scores and then some super low scores, if so you might need to make more goals for those low areas to bring them up a little more in balance.
Or, if you have generally similar scoring throughout, but it’s just not as high as you would like (perhaps an average of five for example) then I would create a goal for each area of your life.
If you’re struggling to come up with goals ask yourself why you scored that score for that area. Normally this will tell you what’s lacking, and thus your goal would be to rectify that!
Level 10 Life Goal Examples
If you’re still really unsure what goals to do then I have come up with a list of examples of 100 level 10 life goals (10 for each focus area) to give you some inspiration!
- Meditate daily
- Practice gratitude
- Read a passage of your religious book each day
- Focus on discovering what you feel is your purpose in life
- Pray daily
- Take 10 to 15 minutes each day to reflect upon your day
- Define what spirituality means to you
- Try to go whole days without saying anything negative
- Discover a new spirituality mentor and listen to their teachings
- Go to your religious meetings regularly
Career and/or Business Goals
- Take a course that is relevant to your career
- Work on your time management to ensure you are being efficient in your career or business
- Attend a relevant conference
- Ask your manager or superior to work on that project that really excites you
- Start a side hustle
- Start networking more with others in your industry
- Create a website that showcases your skills and experiences (great to show potential employers)
- Search and apply for a new job
- Research ways you can stand out in your chosen field
- Implement a morning routine to make you more productive for work
- Save a $1,000 emergency fund
- Save a years worth of living expenses in your emergency fund
- Pay down credit card debt
- Create a plan to pay off your mortgage early
- Create a budget
- Make sure you are saving enough for retirement
- Pay for a holiday in cash
- Pay off your car loan
- Create a plan to pay off your student loans
- Do a living expenses audit and see where you can save more
Physical Environment Goals
- Declutter closet
- Declutter home
- Create a cleaning schedule to stick to
- Always wash the dishes after dinner
- Redecorate that room that’s looking a little tired
- Clean out the garage or basement
- Rearrange the furniture in a room that’s currently not working for you
- Create a tidying routine so stuff doesn’t end up being left out each night
- Buy a new furniture item that you need
- Sort out the garden so it’s looking neat and tidy
Health and Fitness Goals
- Go to the gym three times per week
- Try meal prepping
- Focus on making self-care a priority
- Go for a run three times per week
- Do some stretching or yoga each morning
- Try journaling for your mental health
- Try a Whole30 challenge
- See your doctor about that niggling health issue you’ve been ignoring
- Try a fitness class you’ve never been to before
- Go for a walk each day after work
Personal Development Goals
- Listen to an interesting podcast while commuting
- Do some guided meditation on something you’re working on
- Implement an evening routine
- Implement a morning routine
- Do some self-discovery journaling
- Read a new book each month
- See how long you can go without saying anything negative
- Learn about something you know nothing or very little about
- Go to a seminar or class on a topic that interests you
- Practice gratitude each day
Friends and Family Goals
- Send a nice text to someone you’re close to each day
- Call a distant family member you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Schedule dinner with close friends or family once a week
- Schedule in a weekend away with close friends or family
- Write a letter to someone
- Host a games night to spend time with your friends or family without the TV on
- Send a surprise gift in the mail
- When you next go on vacation, send postcards to your closest friends and family
- If you live with some friends or family, cover their chores for a day or two to give them a break
- Work on your listening skills
Significant Other Goals
- Tell each other one thing you appreciate about the other each day
- Go through your calendars once a week so you both know what the week looks like for the other
- Schedule a date night once per week
- Schedule a vacation for just the two of you
- Make sure household chores are distributed evenly
- Have a no mobile phone or tech day and just hang out with each other
- Start a new hobby together
- Aim to go on one new date per week if you are looking for love
- Work on your communication skills
- Don’t forget to tell each other “I love you”
Fun and Recreation Goals
- Go on that vacation you’ve been thinking about
- Plan how you are going to travel the world
- Give yourself time to work on your favorite hobby
- Join a club doing something you enjoy
- Go to a concert
- Read a novel by your favorite writer
- Host a solo dance party in your house once a week
- Make a list of all the movies you want to watch and start crossing them off the list
- Start writing the book you’ve always dreamed of writing
- Save up and spend a day at the spa
Contributing and Giving Goals
- Make a regular monthly donation to a charity you admire
- Pay it forward at a restaurant or drive-through
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Pay for a meal with friends
- Pay for a homeless person to stay in a hotel for a month
- Volunteer within your local community
- Invest in a local business that’s just starting up
- Donate food to a homeless shelter or animal shelter
- Share social media posts from a charity you admire to get their message further out into the world
- Adopt a rescue pet rather than buying one
Don’t forget to grab your FREE Level 10 Life Worksheets
By now you should have a pretty good idea of how to start working towards your level 10 life, but don’t forget to download your FREE printable worksheets!
These will help you work through the stuff I outlined in this post giving you a few more details to make the process even easier!
So say no to an unbalanced, crazy overwhelming life.
Instead, download the worksheets now and start working towards your best life!
Just click the button below and they’re all yours!